Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A quick introduction to this blog

This is a new project that I've started, which I intend to be a resource for people who wants to find good skeptic and science resources on the internet. My intention is to write posts which introduces skeptic and science blogs, organizations, websites, YouTube channels, and podcasts, perhaps with a few posts about books, people, and magazines thrown in.

While I am an atheist, and think this follows naturally from skepticism, I am aware that not all skeptics, or scientists for that matter, are atheists, and I am certainly aware that not all atheists are skeptics. This means that while I might link to resources run by atheists, I will not link to them because of their atheistic content, but rather because of their science and skeptic content.

Since the phrase "skeptic" has been co-opted by some very anti-science groups, I should probably mention that anti-science and pseudo-science groups, such as (but not limited to) anthropogenic global warming deniers or anti-vaccination organizations, won't be linked from this blog. In the rare cases where I might link to a resource which espouses such views in some cases, I'll make this very clear in the description.

I am hoping to post content several times a week, time permitting.

If you know of a resource that you think would fit well, don't hesitate to send it to me. Self promotion is very welcome, but I do ask that you disclosure any conflict of interest you might have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to avoid spam, all comments on posts older than 4 weeks will be moderated